Dubu kimchi is a popular dish and we are going to share a recipe that is super easy! You can also omit the pork to make it a meatless dish if you like.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 - 3 pax
- 2 cups Kimchi
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced pork or pork belly
- 1/2 onion
- 2 scallions
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons gochujang (고추장), Korean red chili pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Pinch of pepper
- 1x 18oz package tofu
- Cut kimchi and pork into bite sizes. Thinly slice onion and scallions. In a large bowl, combine kimchi, pork, onion, scallions and the remaining ingredients and mix well.
In a medium size pot, bring water to a boil and add the tofu. Gently boil for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the tofu to a colander to drain. Cut each block into about 1/2-inch thick slices
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add the kimchi and pork mix. Cook until the kimchi becomes soft, the pork is cooked through, and most of the liquid generated during the cooking process is evaporated, about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Arrange the tofu slices nicely on a plate leaving an open space in the middle part. Place the stir-fried kimchi and pork in the middle and serve. Or, you can serve the stir-fried kimchi and tofu side by side.